DEPARTMENT OF FUNDAMENTAL AND SPECIAL DISCIPLINES
The National Aviation University has provided training of young people to enter higher education institutions of Ukraine since 1989 (Faculty of Pre-University Training, Institute of Pre-University Training, Educational and Research Institute of Innovative Educational Technologies).
The Department of Fundamental and Special Disciplines (hereinafter – department) is the basic structural unit of the Educational and Research Institute of Innovative Educational Technologies of NAU, which was created by the Rector of the University in February 2004.
During the years of its existence, the department has prepared over 32 thousand young people for entering the National Aviation University and other higher education institutions of Ukraine, 87 % of which have received State-funded education and become highly skilled professionals sought after by employers both in Ukraine and abroad.
The department carries out academic, educational, research, methodological, and organizational activities related to training of senior pupils of secondary schools and other young people to enter higher education institutions of Ukraine as well as to go through the External Independent Testing in school subjects.
The department also provides training for applicants to judicial university studies (Law and International Law) where rules provide for the Common Entrance Examination in the specialty (CEES) – Law and general judicial competencies – and the Common Entrance Examination (CEE) in a foreign language.
The academic disciplines (subjects) of the department: Mathematics, Physics, Ukrainian Language and Literature, History of Ukraine, English, Biology, Geography, Chemistry, Law, Drawing and Composition, Logic.
The main tasks of the department are: organization and high-level implementation of:
- academic, methodological, and research activities in the academic disciplines of the department;
- career-guidance of the students of the Preparatory Department for Ukrainian Citizens, senior pupils of secondary and vocational schools, university applicants and students;
- research activities in related to the mission of the department;
- training of the scientific and teaching staff and their professional development.
The activities of the department are aimed at:
- training of young people to go through the national External Independent Testing in accordance with the technologies introduced by the Education Quality Assessment Center of Ukraine for entering higher educational institutions of Ukraine;
- training of students for the Common Entrance Examination in the specialty (CEES) – Law and general judicial competencies – and the Common Entrance Examination (CEE) in a foreign language;
- development and implementation of activities regarding inappropriate product (educational service) management;
- development and implementation of corrective actions regarding the provision of educational services;
- development and implementation of preventive actions regarding the organization of the educational process;
- monitoring and measuring of processes regarding the provision of educational services.
The Department of Fundamental and Special Disciplines together with the Preparatory Department for Ukrainian Citizens and the Centre for Talented Pupils and Students takes part in academic, research and career-guidance projects, such as:
- National students’ competitions held by NAU;
- NAU summer school;
- Educational marathon “Training & Development”;
- Trial External Independent Testing;
- Career fairs;
- Training sessions for the External Independent Testing;
- «Way to the Stars» and «NAU collects friends» festivals, etc..
- Ukrainian Language and Literature
- History of Ukraine
- Drawing and Composition
1, Prospect Kosmonavta Komarova, Building 8а, Room 609, Kyiv, 03058, Ukraine
Tel.: 406-72-09, 406-74-15